Type 2
90 days readings 17.6.2018.PNG

Reactions: Prem51

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would be cautious but you are definitely on the right track, well done!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
On the right track, but not there yet!
What are your statistics since the end of May when you began to improve? Can you do that on the AC Mobile report?

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Welcome and well done! What will be your acid test of type II reversal? Everyone seems to have different ideas. I tend to go along with the idea that many type IIs are not just insulin resistant but not very good at handling carbs to the extent that the NHS "eatwell plate" seems to think we all are.

My experience has been that reducing carbs was the way forward, the weight loss on it's own wasn't enough. Even now I have to be careful of how much protein I eat because that causes small spikes, sometimes rolling hills of elevated BG, as well.

Keep up the good work!

KevR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I would be cautious but you are definitely on the right track, well done!
Hi, thanks for your interest, I am not sure about the other info on the AC meter but will have another look. I posted my 3 month results because I have finally realised how to reverse my diabetes. I spent the first miserable year on metformin which didn't agree with me and I just couldn't function properly on it. I then went onto Rapid injections for the next 3 years and my results were just all over the place. I had plenty of hyper and hypos and struggled to keep my bloods steady in range for any length of time. Finally, pure luck meant that I saw a different doctor than the ones I normally see and she convinced me I could stop needing injections. I became more aware of the carb/calorie count in food, virtually stopped eating processed foods, increased my exercise significantly, lost some weight and stopped injecting the rapid. It has become much easier to keep my bloods in range and I feel like a different person who has got their life back, that is something that I wont let go. So, the Doctor says that I will be diabetes free if I continue with my lifestyle change and I plan to make this happen asap. Kevin

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There are many non medical opinions on remission, cure etc. My own opinion is that you may be cured if you can kickstart your pancreas into behaving normally, your not on any medication, pass the glucose tests, eat normally and your blood is within nondiabetic ranges.

I am happy if I make it to remission, I won't go back to my old ways.

Reactions: zand

Nad 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Itake the word 'reverse' to mean you have got your BS readings in the normal range. And, hopefully, will remain so as long as you keep up your exercise and diet. But if you mean that reversing means curing.....then I feel that is impossible. If you stop exercising and start eating a normal diet (carbs with each meal) the figures will creep up. I have non-diabetic friends who practically live on junk food,. never eat veg, put sugar in their tea/coffee, a snack means a sandwich, and yet their BS figures remain normal - a diabetic who has reversed the figures can never hope for that