I give up!

tibi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I did have a fasting c-peptide and insuline.

C-peptide was 1.6 nv (1 - 4)
Insuline was 7 nv (1- 25)

As a type 2 without medication how much your blood sugar spike if you eat a slice of white bread or oatmeals.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I did have a fasting c-peptide and insuline.

C-peptide was 1.6 nv (1 - 4)
Insuline was 7 nv (1- 25)

As a type 2 without medication how much your blood sugar spike if you eat a slice of white bread or oatmeals.

As a type 2, those foods vary a lot, depending on whether I eat them alone, with fat, with protein or fibre. The lowest, slowest rise would be with fat, protein AND fibre.

But you want numbers. From memory, a slice of white bread would probably send me up something like 1.5-4.0 mmol/l. That's about 28-72 in your units, I think. Depending on what I ate it with.

Harder to say with the oatmeal. The portion size would make a huge difference. So much also depends on the size of the oats and the quantity. But it would spike me a lot.

tibi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I want to add that after I eat my hart starts to race, is a terrible feeling, also I lost 3 extra kg while I was in hospital about a week. I have seen my two years old daughter today and I am trying so hard to fix my self somehow but it is an impossible task. I don't recognize my self anymore, of course the doctors say I will be fine... It seam that god doesn't love me anymore.

Thank you guys for the support.