I got carried away

Numan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
IMG_7209.jpg

When a hungry man goes shopping, and sees a bargain. 15 packs of cauli rice (less than half price at Waitrose). I love this stuff, it’s helped me lose 10 kilos in 6 weeks

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve never seen that in Waitrose. Which section please?

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought this from somewhere, the other day. I recognise the packaging. Possibly Morrisons as we don’t shop in Waitrose.

Magic results, btw.

Numan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It’s with the rices, like uncle bens. It’s on a top shelf and only a single width of package so easy to miss.

Reactions: Prem51 and Flora123

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
You were supposed to leave one so you wouldn’t be the old maid ;)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Oh no! I went to Waitrose this morning and didn't see this. I'll have to go back tomorrow.

Screenshot 2019-03-08 at 14.05.40.png

M

Member496333

To be honest it’s pretty easy to make your own with just a cauliflower and a cheese grater :)

Reactions: dunelm

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Personally I don't even both trying to make it into Rice.

I just cut it up into small bits, toss it in olive oil and roast for 20-30 minutes.

Lovely nutty flavour, and just the thing to have with a curry

Reactions: zauberflote

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Personally I don't even both trying to make it into Rice.

I just cut it up into small bits, toss it in olive oil and roast for 20-30 minutes.

Lovely nutty flavour, and just the thing to have with a curry

I have often wondered why people go to the trouble of making the cauliflower look like rice. Who cares what it looks like. It is the taste that matters. I may be biased because I have never liked savoury rice anyway.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have often wondered why people go to the trouble of making the cauliflower look like rice. Who cares what it looks like. It is the taste that matters. I may be biased because I have never liked savoury rice anyway.
Agreed, I just have cauliflower that looks like cauliflower. I have also wondered why vegetarians make imitation meat things like nut cutlets and soya bacon, nobody makes chicken carrots or beef potatoes.

Reactions: dunelm and Flora123

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried that stuff once. Vile. Had to throw it away. Luckily hadn’t mixed it with the meat on my plate. It tasted very synthetic.

Reactions: Corysnan

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
OK I won't bother going to Waitrose today! :)

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
View attachment 31695

When a hungry man goes shopping, and sees a bargain. 15 packs of cauli rice (less than half price at Waitrose). I love this stuff, it’s helped me lose 10 kilos in 6 weeks
I got carried away too. Cream cheese. :angelic:
cream cheese.jpg

Reactions: Prem51

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I sometimes feed a cauli to the food processor, then open freeze and bag it for those times when I want the mouth feel of rice.

Worth a curry, chilli or whatever, I just tend to have more curry, chilli or whatever. Greedy? Moi? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Numan

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

It's psychological I reckon, You can trick your body into thinking it is getting whatever it thinks it is missing. No rhyme nor reason to it but we're only human. x

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Numan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is my quick go to rice substitute. It doesn’t taste much of cauliflower but I enjoy it. If I had more time I wouldn’t mind making my own. I eat cauliflower, green beans, broccoli, cabbage or carrots at most meals, the cauliflower rice is just a cheat when I get in from work. It may taste good to me as well as I have very little sense of smell

Reactions: Prem51