I got surprised yesterday- no meds needed

May Mic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was called in to the Dr.'s office for a diabetes consult. I was mentally prepared for the riot act, medications, ongoing referrals, the whole nine yards.

What I didn't expect was " you are managing beautifully " !!!!???? Really.
My A1C had gone from 6.7 to 6.6, which is .1 over where they diagnose diabetes. My random was 5.7 ( as far as I recall) . I had even gone down a kilo from last weigh in.
So over all she was happy.

Now the bad news...
Blood pressure is a little high... keep track for a while.
Protein in the urine. Test to be repeated in two weeks and if needed adjust medications.

I understand some protein can be normal under certain circumstances, so while she was not overly concerned about the numbers, should I be?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I understand some protein can be normal under certain circumstances, so while she was not overly concerned about the numbers, should I be?

I asked the same question last year: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...-urine-would-like-thoughts-on-my-labs.193395/
My endo wasn't overly concerned either so I looked into it and decided that whatever was going on, it could wait for my next blood draw.
Which I had last week, endo turned out to have been correct, all back to normal now. Hopefully it will be the same for you!

1705502497796.png

1705502805530.png

May Mic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I asked the same question last year: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...-urine-would-like-thoughts-on-my-labs.193395/
My endo wasn't overly concerned either so I looked into it and decided that whatever was going on, it could wait for my next blood draw.
Which I had last week, endo turned out to have been correct, all back to normal now. Hopefully it will be the same for you!

View attachment 65613

View attachment 65615
Thank you so much for your calming reply.
I am worried about the overall trajectory of progression of diabetes. I am paying far more serious attention to it.

Someone basically told me my Dr. is an idiot and so am I for not going on meds and only monitoring my sugars and BP. The same one who told me to listen to the experts! I'm not responding to it. I'll listen to myself and my comfort levels with what I am being advised.

There is so much good info and calming advice from people who are walking the walk and willing to share.

Thanks for the link to your post which I read.
I appreciate your input.