I had burn out but now back

Dollylolly

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The docs thinking drugs cure all
hi I had burn out, then money got tight And I couldn’t afford my strips any more so I gave up.

2 years I didn’t see the GP or the nurse about it but got a fright at the opticians as I have on set cataracts great so I go along to the nurse and have my bloods checked and low And behold they are high.

GP appointment made and I point blank refuse metaformin because of IBS and other things plus the statin he offered which I stated read this all the data I’d amassed on it. Well I was sent a prescription for it which I was annoyed at and asked why etc etc but no one could give me a straight answer for.

I’m now on forxiga which I’m terrified of as it can, which I’ve not had nasty side effects plus hypos but the plus side I now have a machine and strips for the first time ever.

I’m now back Low carbing not Keto just moderate carbs for now.

Not sure why I’ve posted more a diary of sorts if you will to like minded people I suppose.
Anyone have anything to say on this drug at al as I’ve heard really bad stories but so far I’ve not had much other than thrush And peeing at lot.

Edited by Mod

Last edited by a moderator:

Dollylolly

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The docs thinking drugs cure all
Thank you I’ll have a gander at that