I have only been diagnosed for 2 days and its a nightmare

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Thank you for your reply, I'm on Metformin, 1 x 2 a day and 2 x 2 a day from Thursday, I'm also on 1 a day of Atorvastatin but I'm going to ask doctor to change these because I have pain in my limbs at night, this morning I had bacon on Whole grain bread because it had lower carb contents than the shreddies, Have boiled eggs cooked, cooled and in fridge ready for tomorrow morning, are carrots and apples ok to eat because I have been snacking on these, Doctor says small amounts of food and often. Going to shops to see cereals contents for the better option of cereals.

Regards Alan
The eggs sounds great. You might want to test your blood glucose before a meal and 2 hours after, that way you will find out if carrots or apples are ok for you. Have one or the other with the meal so you can see the effect. I eat both but some people limit them or just limit the apples. It would also be interesting to see what effect the bread and any cereal has on your BG.

Reactions: 4 people