I keep getting numb fingers can anyone help

fingerspete

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hello all can anyone help i keep getting numb finger tips or tingling in them is this normal for diabetics or should i see my doctor about still getting up to speed with all this only been diabetic since December

Mikeyoungish1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Sounds like its the medication your taking for diabetes, i get it constantly but worse at night, my fingers tingle and go very numb, i just keep moving them.
In my case doc said its the gliclazide i take for type2.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not on medication and my fingers tingle occasionally and I put this down to diabetes, along with odd sensations in my feet and a burned feeling on the tip of my tongue (NOT due to drinking my coffee too hot). But I also have bad circulation in my hands which I may have got from my dear old mum, who was very thin and perpetually cold.
If you can find out anything useful from your surgery that's great, but to be honest I just make up my own diagnosis as I go along while I'm feeling generally ok.

Pilgrim22

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
animal cruelty
My numb finger tips is due to neuropathy, but there are quite to few different reasons for numb finger tips. Only your GP can diagnose properly.

Reactions: 2 people

fingerspete

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
its looking like a trip to GP then to see whats going on never like going see the doctor but will have to

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Anything you can find out will be helpful to a lot of us. My diabetes "team" only do the tests, they haven't any answers.