I knew my BS results would be bad...

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Lots of stress in life at the moment, so I wasn't expecting a great result and didn't get one. My HbA1c results today are 61 The nurse wanted me to go onto glicazide, but I've talked her into letting me have 2 months to pull myself back.

At lunchtime I got a text from my husband, telling me that a close family relative has had a heart attack and was taken to the main island by a fast launch from his work, then our hospital sent him by air ambulance to mainland Scotland. Normally I would be very calm about this, but I completely lost the plot and couldn't stop shaking and could hardly get the words out to tell my boss what was wrong. So I came home from work and was going to see my daughter, but her youngest has the sick bug today (both ends) so I can't go past as it's very infectious. So waiting for her to tell me the news from the hospital.

I've been tempted to pig on a pot of chocolate spread, but instead have scraped the tatties for my husbands tea, dipped my loch trout in almond flour ready to fry in coconut oil, swept the floor and will now try and get back into finishing the patchwork quilt for my son's wedding gift, only 17 days to finish it! Wonder how I will sleep tonight... and just corrected my spelling mistakes

Last edited:
D

debrasue

Lots of stress in life at the moment, so I wasn't expecting a great result and didn't get one. My HbA1c results today are 61 The nurse wanted me to go onto glicazide, but I've talked her into letting me have 2 months to pull myself back.

At lunchtime I got a text from my husband, telling me that a close family relative has had a heart attack and was taken to the main island by a fast launch from his work, then our hospital sent him by air ambulance to mainland Scotland. Normally I would be very calm about this, but I completly lost the plot and couldn't stop shaking and could hardly get the words out to tell my boss what was wrong. So I came home from work and was going to see my daughter, but her youngest has the sick bug today (both ends) so I can't go past as it's very infectious. So waiting for her to tell me the news from the hospital.

I've been tempted to pig on a pot of chocolate spread, but instead have scrapped the tatties for my husbands tea, dipped my loch trout in almond flour ready to fry in coconut oil, swept the floor and will now try and get back into finishing the patchwork quilt for my son's wedding gift, only 17 days to finish it! Wonder how I will sleep tonight...
Be good to yourself, honey - you are doing a great job of coping with everything so well. Hugs x

Reactions: Snapsy

Lampman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No surprise you are stressed after a day like that! But well done for resisting the chocolate spread. Keep looking after yourself and hopefully things will calm down soon. I hope it turns out well for your relative too.

Reactions: Snapsy and Prem51

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Sending you a huge hug, you are dealing with a lot right now and not surprising that you want to eat the things we all try to avoid.

Yes get stuck into the quilt - I hope it works out perfectly - a lovely gift and it will keep your hands busy.

Do try and take a little time - a walk maybe - time to think and to allow your feelings to settle - I find a walk helps my mind sort through all the things going on in my life and that in turn helps me sleep - so I hope it helps you too.

Be kind to yourself during these stressful times - if you need to keep writing whether on posts or in a book - write down your thoughts, feeling and even how you did today so you can see that even though life was difficult just how well you are doing because if you are like me you focus too much on what is not good and miss all the little good points.

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Spoke to the diabetic nurse again today after work and said I would accept medication.... thought it would take some stress from my life. Then tested and I'm 5.7. I tested 2 more fingers to check and one was the same and the other 5.9, so I think I will keep off medication for a while.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You have a lot going on at the moment, I do hope your relative recovers from his heart attack .. be kind to yourself.