1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

I know -A day in the life of a parent of a Type1 child.

Discussion in 'Parents' started by Gemmablower, Apr 24, 2015.

1. JackJack1

JackJack1 · Newbie

Hi everyone, I know this is an old post, but it’s obviously stayed so relevant for this long.
    I just loved it. It does seem to be a bit of a void - this huge impact on the life of parents.
    I have to confess, I’m sneaking into the parents forum as an auntie only. My precious baby niece was diagnosed coming up 3 weeks ago, shy of her 2nd birthday.
    I’ve friends with T1, another with a young grandchild diagnosed 18mths ago, so already knew the impact it would have on their lives, but it’s still difficult to watch this ‘new normal’ develop.
    Anyway, I’m here to glean whatever insight I can to support my sister & her family.
    Thanks so much everyone for your shares. Xx

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook