I know I am paranoid but.........

Denis U

I'm over 70, and have an eye condition as well as diabetes. I've been on a 3 year driving licence for at least 20 years. I know renewals always take time, but I sent in on 18th August and heard nothing. I've tried emailing them with no reply, and the phone line isn't giving me the option to leave a message.
So, I had a look around the DVLA web site and found a link to see to see my driving licence information. It says that my full driving licence has expired which put me into complete panic mode.
I meet all the conditions specified on the D42 renewal form.
Do I need to stop driving, or does the expiry message only concern my current licence?

Hertfordshiremum

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm over 70, and have an eye condition as well as diabetes. I've been on a 3 year driving licence for at least 20 years. I know renewals always take time, but I sent in on 18th August and heard nothing. I've tried emailing them with no reply, and the phone line isn't giving me the option to leave a message.
So, I had a look around the DVLA web site and found a link to see to see my driving licence information. It says that my full driving licence has expired which put me into complete panic mode.
I meet all the conditions specified on the D42 renewal form.
Do I need to stop driving, or does the expiry message only concern my current licence?
I renewed mine last summer. It took months, eventually I received a paper form in the post. No idea why. I returned it with a letter and then things seem to speed up and I got it in a few weeks. I sent the letter and form tracked and signed for with Royal Mail.