• Guest - w'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the 2026 Survey »

I know I know - but I cant resist a gadget

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start Date Start Date
A

Anonymous

Guest
So I went and bought an A1CNow kit - I know there are questions over their reliability/accuracy, but getting a test once in a blue moon from the surgery just doesn't motivate me enough.

I have a surgery test booked for next week but my A1CNow meter just turned up and so I took a reading..

6.1

My last official HBA1C was 7.2 - my 30 day average readings are currently standing at 5.8

Will have to compare this with the official numbers in a couple of weeks, but at least I'll be able to test against myself, even if it differs from the lab results.
 
So where did you get your gadget and how much was it?
 
swimmer2 said:
I imported it from the US and it was £112 (for 10 tests).. :oops:

That's a good price. Did someone bring them back for you? The usual problem with trying to import that type of thing by post is that you get hit for import duty.

The test is kinda fun to do isn't it? What with all the pricking, shaking, running, and the dramatic countdown.
 
No, I bought it on ebay and it took ages to get here. I notice that the strips expire at the end of Feb next year, which means I'll need to test once per month to stay in date.

No import duty so far.. :D
 
Back
Top