I-port advance

Carl W

Hi guys quick question, has anybody had or have any experience with the I-port advance for injecting their insulin? I’ve literally only now just come across it now and was wondering how well it worked.

colliecub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi. I,ve used them Got some from the company then got a couple off nhs and now they are going for funding to get them. I liked them since I found the injections painful and bruised alot. you need a longer needle than the 4mm

Reactions: Carl W

Carl W

Hi. I,ve used them Got some from the company then got a couple off nhs and now they are going for funding to get them. I liked them since I found the injections painful and bruised alot. you need a longer needle than the 4mm

Thank you. Are they available now from nhs? If not I can always buy from the company, I too have quite a bit of bruising and pain from injections. What size needle would I need if I used them?
Thanks again.

colliecub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
You have to fight the nhs for these. I got ten from the company but later found them on ebay alot cheaper. Like alot of others I made them last longer than they say. Says something like 75 injections or changed every three days. think i made them last about 8 days then it starts getting itchy. However I'm not recommending anyone else does this as its up to them what they do.

Carl W

To be honest I don’t think I’ve got much fight left in me when it comes to the nhs, took me 2 years to actually be put on insulin….think I’ll probably have a shop around to see what I can find. Seems to me that not a lot of care or attention is given to people with diabetes, I’ve only had it 3 years this year and am quite shocked at how relaxed everything is like eye exams, blood pressure monitoring etc is. I’ve only had one eye exam and was told I’d be called up few months back

colliecub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I fought not to have insulin lol. I had the libre sensors that my dad actually funded but he died earlier this year and then they could nt see the readings. made their lives harder as I said i was only doing finger pricks to drive and I was quite happy to come off insulin. So atm I'm the only t2 here with the libre funded by nhs. I will also only take background insulin due to the sore and stingy injections. I asked and they said they dont do the iport. i did as i said get it myself. then nhs got me two to try and are now going for funding for it. you need at least a 5mm needle. think its 6mm i got. makes life so much easier and less painful. I do see them from time to time on ebay but you can speak to the company and get a pkt of two to try

Carl W

Yeah I may see how it goes with the packet of 2, hopefully it’ll make things easier, but anything is worth a try. But I’ve found that everything to do with diabetes is a chore, from carb counting to dosing the insulin… which I’ve done all myself from googling and reading, because my diabetic nurse is let us say, not that great. But thanks for the help, and my condolences for your dad.