1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

I really want diabetic friends :(

Discussion in 'Children & Teens' started by bluepatch9, Nov 2, 2016.

1. bluepatch9

bluepatch9 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hey everyone! I'm 16 and a girl with t1d. I've been diagnosed 3 months now and doing really well! The only bad thing is that I don't have many friends with diabetes. I'd love a mix of both guys and girls. I have one or two girl friends but that's it. I'd love to talk to some guys to because I love football and think that could be a common interest :) thanks for reading and I hope we can chat soon

• Like Like x 1
  2. mc9

mc9 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I can be a diabetic friend

3. Erin

Erin Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi bluepatch9, I would like to have diabetes friends too. It is a bit lonely to go through this every day. Feel free to send me a message if you like. I am diabetis 2 for 8 years now. I live in Canada. Cheers

4. PenfoldAPD

PenfoldAPD Type 2 · Well-Known Member

You've come to the right place! I've got a couple of friends with type II but they don't take it personally - my friends here are the best at listening and helping.

Welcome to the forum :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. mist

mist · Guest

Welcome to the crazy train. Lots of great people on here to chat with and I'm sure you'll make lots of new friends.

6. MelissaC

MelissaC Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi @bluepatch9 I'm sure you'll find lots of friendly people here who you can chat to! Send me a message if you ever want to chat :)

Melissa x

7. passittotheleft

passittotheleft Type 1 · Member

Depends on which football team you support really....:D

8. mist

mist · Guest

The thread title made me laugh! :D

Your in the right place, lots of nice folk on here..:)

How many friends do you have now? 100+ :p

9. Amy993

Amy993 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hiya. Im also 16, and have had type 1 for almost 3 months. Would love to make a diabetic friend, so please feel free to message me!xx

• Like Like x 1
  10. 22nw22

22nw22 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan. Technically I should be in this part IDK why I do this in the other spots.

11. W.bubble13

W.bubble13 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi I’m 13 I’ve been type 1 for over a year and a half. I would love to be t1d friend message me if you want a chat

12. knipster

knipster Type 1 · Well-Known Member

hey! im 15 and diagnosed for 2 months, I suggest we get a whatsapp group together!

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook