I sleep all day and all night!

MissConStru

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's been about 4 months since I was diagnosed. Since then I have lost 2 stone and still going despite the odd lapse! :oops: My BS is down from 12 to 6.5-7. But .................. oh brother, the fatigue! It really gets me down!

My day goes something like this:
Up about 8.30-9 - breakfast - crash out until around midday.
Rouse myself to have lunch somewhere between 12.30-1.30 - crash out again!
Around 5pm finally get some energy to do something, wash up, tidy up, anything. Then have evening meal somewhere between 6.30-8pm.
NOW I'm getting up steam! I can check out my internet stuff, do some ironing, nothing extraordinary.
But I am still up to steam by about midnight and don't want to go to bed yet.
I've always been a night owl and over the years have routinely not retired until 2-3am! But I was always able to get up at my usual time and get interested in something during the morning.

Earlier this week, my boss had me drive down to Bucks to do a job which involved 3 9 hour days and staying in a hotel. I managed it but boy, it was tough!
Today I had a hospital appointment and made that too but on getting home I literally crashed out and slept like a baby until after 5pm!

Well, that's my sorry tale. My question is, is there anything I can do to cope with this? I'm really not accustomed to feeling so drained all the time, like I'm constantly running on empty!

A friend (also T2) suggested something called Herballife but having looked at the website, I'm like :? what the heck! And which one do I need? Do I need any of them?

Any and all suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you.

MissConStru

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh, I forgot to add that I am on Metformin SR 500mg daily with evening meal.

neilalastair

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
the western high carb diet.
someone might correct me but. dont think he usual round of blood tests surrounding diabetes dx contain a test for thyroid etc. might be worth checking back with the doc for a more comprehensive reveiw.

MissConStru

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good suggestion, thank you - though I had my thyroid checked about 4 months ago and it was fine.

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There are many reasons for feeling so tired. Mine was Vitamin D deficiency which took 2 1/2 years to get diagnosed. Anaemia and Vitamin B12 deficiency can also be culprits.

Keep going back to your GP until you get answers. Hope you feel less tired soon.