i think ...

selina1993

Hi, i think my boyfriend has diabeties as he is always tired! latly he keeps saying hes mentally and physically tired. he is an electrician so i understand his job can be hard, but he comes home from collage and falls asleep for at least like 3 hours. ive thought he's had it for at least 5 months but never done anything about it, i keep asking him to go to the doctors but he says no, so iv sent of for a tester from this site so im hoping i get one so i can get him to do one. also his dad has diabeties, which im not sure, ive asked my boyfriends mum but she just says its cause of his job, but i think he has as he always wants a drink, and the ammount of junk food he eats hes still ssoo skinny! i dont want any harm to come to him so im hoping im just over thinking but im worried about him!

Thankyou for your time to read this

jopar

We couldn't say yes or no, due to the fact we aren't medically qualified nor are we privy to his medical records... So can only give limited brief information he does need to see his GP if you are concerned..

But it is very difficult to tell if somebody is a diabetic from a finger stick blood test! It will say what his BG levels are, but because there could be many different factors why the blood glucose levels are raised (if it is) these need to be ruled out by a GP.. As such things as stress, infections other medications such as steroids are just a few of the things that could increase an individual blood glucose levels..

Your best bet is to keep encouraging him to speak to his doctor, who can with his previous medical histroy look at what is happening and provide a proper diagnoses..