I took on the NHS big wigs .... and won!

tomvonc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anyone who asks a question about diabetes without thinking what they're asking.
yes, I know, that's why I did what I did. i know how lucky I was, and only because she realised, and admitted, her mistake immediately. As youwill see from my post the point was the Snr Nurse didn't know how big a dose she was even giving. From speaking to my friend who is a Nurse I was told I was 15 mns max away from going into a coma.

that's why straight away I never let it lay, at every stage of the enquiry I was there, even when late on in my pregnancy, fighting for changes for diabetic mums being admitted into Hospital.

I may have been one little voice but no way did I want anyone going through this again if I could help it!
I've doubled up on my humalog before, 15u twice in 5 mins, and it was almost instant hypo!!! Dunno what 100u would do to me!

ShelleyHarris1981

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Racism,ignorance,nastiness,selfishness
I've doubled up on my humalog before, 15u twice in 5 mins, and it was almost instant hypo!!! Dunno what 100u would do to me!

you prob wouldn't want to find out, although being stuffed with lucozade, sandwiches and ferraro rocher (all they could find on HDU) whilst being violently sick was interesting. Oh and begging for my Husband because I thought I was going to die added to the drama. I felt like an extra in a soap!!

no on a serious note it was by far the worst 48 hours of my life. For a long time I couldn't inject without major flashbacks or fear.