I tried an experiment to solve my night spike

Breck Lundin

I've developed really unusual for me what i guess we can call spiked. However it's more like I get a high level BG that stays pretty even while i sleep.

The first night it rose to about 215 for eight hours. Next night it was in low 150s for 6hrs. Is that something anyone has experienced?

I take the max dose of Victoza of 1.8mg. And yup the new rules here allow a 3.6mg (or is it 3.0?) for weight loss. Made me feel confident enough to try an experiment, btw I've been taking it since about 2005ish so i know it won't make me hypo. Anyways the experiment was a 2nd dose about 7pm.

it has always managed my spikes well if i didn't overdo the carbs. In me it peaks around 3pm if i take it around 6 or 7am. Then it tapers off lasting 11hrs or so.

The idea was to address the nightly highs. I tried it tonight and no elevation in BG. Steady between 100-115.

It's just a single night but has me very eager talk with my Doc in Today's appt. He's great and is really open to my experiments in altering dosage regimen on a med. I don't do it often but when i do we usually both learn something new.

sorry for the posting frenzy... I'm just excited to maybe find a way to get tight control and stay in the 95-105 range after the February debacle of no insulin for the entire month... long story, doesn't matter but my own goof and a less to pay attention to insurancr renewal as it seems yo happen every year, who knew?