I want to change my current meds (what are my chances)

JeremySE18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Call came just now. Been prescribed Rybelsus 3mg starting dose. None of my local pharmacies have it in stock (no surprise there) Anyhow my nominated has ordered it for delivery tomorrow. hoping for the best now.

miriamy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Medics who tell you what to do.
Politicians who blame people for being poor and praise bankers for being rich.
TV
Butter Beans
First 0.3mg taken this morning :)
How are you getting on with Rybelsus? Mine arrived this morning. I've a bit of an upset tummy ATM so will wait for that to settle before starting.

JeremySE18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
How are you getting on with Rybelsus? Mine arrived this morning. I've a bit of an upset tummy ATM so will wait for that to settle before starting.
I am now into my second month of the 7mg dose, and I have a review at the end of this month with the DN. I have not had much in the way of side effects, just a little constipation. I have also swapped myself over to the Dexcom G7. My levels have decreased somewhat since going on the Rybelsus, back to pre-Forxiga levels. One warning I will pass on to you..... Rybelsus tastes absolutely foul, and you just have to put up with it:)

miriamy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Medics who tell you what to do.
Politicians who blame people for being poor and praise bankers for being rich.
TV
Butter Beans
Thanks for that update Jeremy.
I took my 1st pill today. Hope I don't get nausea.
I am now into my second month of the 7mg dose, and I have a review at the end of this month with the DN. I have not had much in the way of side effects, just a little constipation. I have also swapped myself over to the Dexcom G7. My levels have decreased somewhat since going on the Rybelsus, back to pre-Forxiga levels. One warning I will pass on to you..... Rybelsus tastes absolutely foul, and you just have to put up with it:)

D

Deleted member 571965

**Sigh** Waiting on the phone call that never came :(
Just a side note - I would not recommend undertaking a low carb/ketogenic diet whilst using an SGLT-2.

I have reviewed patients who have done similar and have ended in DKA and It is something that I (and my colleagues in secondary care) actively discourage.

EDIT: I've just seen your post. For diagnosis of DKA (especially in SGLT-2 related cases) you do not need to have hyperglycaemia.

Reactions: Guilty and HSSS