1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

ice cream

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by bedshaped2000, Aug 9, 2011.

1. bedshaped2000

bedshaped2000 · Well-Known Member

If any ones intrested i was in sainsburys today and noticed that they have a new ice cream range. i found there own branded ice cream lollies 2 boxes for £2. Although most of them the sugars were ridiculous i found one which look like a little slice of chocolate swiss role and a picture of a little monkey on the box. Each lolly was 8.2 carb and 5.5g sugar. i rushed home to try and test one and heres my findings (over the moon havent had ice cream for 3 yrs now :-( )

before lolly 5.2

45 mins after 6.2

90 mins 5.4

120 mins 4.9

this is a better reading than the pear ive been having mid afternoon
    i dont go high after the pear but drop low very quick. this seems a better mid afternoon snack for myself. Just thought id share the ice cream thingy with you all incase you fancied it

2. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Looking good bedshaped, hope you enjoyed your treat! :D

Nigel

3. Spearmint

Spearmint · Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, i'm going to Sainsburys tomorrow so i'll look out for them as they might be good for my daughter

4. stoney

stoney Parent · Well-Known Member

Hi there if you still have the packaging, can you tell me if they are gluten free :?:

5. ))Denise((

))Denise(( Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Think these are what were mentioned Sainsbury's Spiral Lollies Vanilla Chocolate x4 240ml

Although higher in carbs Sainsbury's Mini Chocolate Indulgence 8x50ml are nice but only 12.1g carbs and are a more grown up ice cream (although not keen on the white chocolate ones)

I tried to link to the products but it didn't work, so just go on the sainsburys online shopping site

6. Spearmint

Spearmint · Well-Known Member

I went with mini milks in the end as you get more in a box and less carbs :lol:

If she's going to be playing outside in the afternoon then she can get away with a skinny cow ice cream lolly

7. Grazer

Grazer · Well-Known Member

Sainsburys mini feast lollies are to die for, especially the mint ones, and also 12g's of carbs.
    Malc

8. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Walls Mini Milk's are quite low in carbs although the Lolly's are rather small, they come in different flavours and range from 4.6 - 5.2g of carbs.

Nigel

9. phoenix

phoenix Type 1 · Expert

Don't do as I do! ie not the proper way to deal with a hypo.
    Yesterday afternoon I swam 500 m, tested at 3.6mmol/l, kept my pump off and ate a tiny little cornetto type icecream with 6.6g carbs, which took me nicely back to 4.2mmol.
    It's a long way to swim for a very small ice cream though :lol:

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook