If I don't take lantus does this happen?

james122

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
HIGH blood sugars!
So it's late I know and I usually take my Lantus at 10pm but last night I was so tired I accidentally just feel asleep without doing it and I've just woken up at 1.30 and my BS is 9.3 now obviously this high reading in due to me not taking my Lantus.
I assume I can take my Lantus at the normal dose and it won't cause any problems for me?
I'm will say this has made me frustrated but at least I know why this time.

Thanks so much.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
So it's late I know and I usually take my Lantus at 10pm but last night I was so tired I accidentally just feel asleep without doing it and I've just woken up at 1.30 and my BS is 9.3 now obviously this high reading in due to me not taking my Lantus.
I assume I can take my Lantus at the normal dose and it won't cause any problems for me?
I'm will say this has made me frustrated but at least I know why this time.

Thanks so much.
Hi There
I would have taken the lantus at 1:30am if I had awoke and knew I had forgotten it at 10PM
hopefully you did the same ?

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Or, if you don't usually split your lantus (if you usually only take it at night) you could do half you dose this morning.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As above.. I would have caught up on the Lantus..
I take one dose at night..
If I was (say?) 6 hours late on it? (Which has happened if I crash out early then wake remembering that I forgot.) :banghead:
Then I give myself 3/4 of the dose. Keeping a close eye on the testing during the day.. A couple of hours late for me has very little effect..!