1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

If you were designing a pump, what features would it have?

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by tim2000s, Oct 29, 2015.

1. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Thinking about this, if you could remote control from a phone, or android based handset, then you could app link to any food/fitness/management app.

2. misswhiplash

misswhiplash Type 1 · Well-Known Member

That is true... But, as I say, I def have days where I end up upping doses to the extent that I need 50+ u rather than my usual 25-30, which I can't imagine is that unusual.

3. iHs

iHs · Well-Known Member

U500 insulin is very thick to inject and is about a £££ figure to purchase at NHS prices. I was quite shocked when I knew the price. As far as I know I think it is imported on a named person basis

4. cally

cally Type 1 · Well-Known Member

My main problem with my pump (Animas Vibe) is the size. It gets in the way and for me smaller would be better.
    I think a smaller pump that you could refill with a syringe every couple of days. I only need about 30 units a day so I get fed up with having to wear a pump with 180 units or so. It would be refilled maybe through a rubber bung and change the whole lot every week or so.

• Like Like x 4
  5. cally

cally Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Also how about a Flexible, soft patch pump that sticks on like a plaster. Also could be waterproof, refillable and disposable. It could incorporate the reservoir and the cannula in one unit.

6. tigger

tigger Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Omnipod style but possible to be filled with any insulin.

Painless, reliable canulas

remote controls

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook