Ikea cauliflower & Kale "rice"

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Braved Ikea today, bribed the kids with lunch :)

I saw Cauliflower and kale "rice" served with veggie "meatball", great I thought - lower carb than other offerings they have but decided to check just what was in the "rice".

The Cauliflower and kale rice was actually brown rice, lentils and only a small proportion of cauliflower and kale :-( I had lettuce leaves from the salad bar instead.

PerfectStorm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Gutted, I didn't realise Swedish meatballs were so high in carbs. I'd been thinking of getting a bag of frozen Ikea meatballs for at home. Oh well

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Yeah, I'm not surprised that the cauli and kale rice had actual rice as the base. We'll have our real low carb version in chain restaurants and cafes one day - but we might be a bit of a way off that?

As for meatballs - let's differentiate between 'Ikea Swedish meatballs' (ie processed, with breadcrumbs and other cr** in them) - high-carb versions, and the real thing, which are low-carb for sure. Mr Svea has just come home with the lamb chops for dinner, and assures me his meatballs as it were (definitely Swedish) are LC and consist of :
minced beef, onion, eggs, and appropriate spices (allspice, pepper, crushed juniper berries).

That's it!

Not a spike anywhere to be seen.