I'm confused :/

doc_908

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My reports for ACR ( albumin creatinine ratio) are normal but microalbulin in urine are not normal ..why so :(

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

I can't answer your query, but by my post will bump your question up to the top of the recent posts, so hopefully someone will see it and respond.

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My reports for ACR ( albumin creatinine ratio) are normal but microalbulin in urine are not normal ..why so :(
Mine were the same last time round. I had been taking anti-inflammatories and my GP thought it may have been due to them.

That is only a reason specific to me of course - was your GP or diabetic nurse concerned? What did they say?

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
microalbulin in urine are not normal ..why so

It could be one of many things, mostly quite benign. Just to give you an idea:

heavy exercise, smoking, urinary tract infections and other illnesses, high blood pressure, metabolic syndrome, and in my case my GP mentioned drinking too much water.

A more serious cause is related to diabetes but you'd have to get your doctor to do further checks to see what's the real cause.

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
If its benign. My gp tells me he'll let it run for 3 months and retest. See gp about it?

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Hi Doc 908
Protein in urine is a reaction in your kidneys.
Your kidneys act as a sieve and the holes are getting blocked.
High blood pressure is the most common cause.
As i don't know your circumstances i can't and shouldn't comment further (I'm no Doctor) but Ramipril is often prescribed for this and a further test should be advised by your GP.

Kindest regards and good luck

Tony