I'm panicking.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hi A_Sun. Why do you have to pay for prescriptions? To my knowledge if you are just diet control - you pay. But, if you are on medication/ Insulin for Diabetes you get them free! You need to contact your surgery because your GP will fill out a form so you get prescriptions free. Did you get a receipt for the £24.00 you paid? And as to test strips and meters it is NHS cut backs. Best to buy your own.:)

Reactions: 2 people

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
Thank you so much for the information @Dizz. Also thank you to @liam1955 and @4ratbags.

I am going to try and loose weight by cutting carbohydrates in my diet. I hope I can stick to it because I am also high blood pressure. However I am not sure if high protein is great for me either. I am now waiting for a diabetic clinic appointment and a dietitian appointment. I have too pay for my prescriptions and paid £24 something today. Why can't my GP just give me 500 strips and needles?
Make sure you keep your receipts and claim back the charges, when you see your GP to have them fill out the exemption form for prescription charges, maybe worth asking and seeing if your Pharmacist may have the forms too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people