1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

I'm so done with diabetes - help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Emotional and Mental Health' started by sophiiehirst, Jan 23, 2020.

1. sophiiehirst

sophiiehirst Type 1 · Member

Is it normal to feel like this? I just can't control my diabetes!!! Was in hospital last week with dka (again) although this time it appears to have not been completely my fault. I'm 20 and I've had diabetes for 4 and a half years and I'm so done. I dont know where to go from here!! I also have bipolar, autism spectrum disorder and high anxiety and this cocktail of illness' along with diabetes makes it almost impossible! Even when i try I can't control my blood sugars :(
    Wish I was a functioning human being
    I've attached a photo of my blood sugars over the past week just to show you what I mean Snapchat-551599691.jpeg

• Hug Hug x 9
  2. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

@sophiiehirst
    No wonder you feel done honey those peaks an troughs would make anyone feel awful, even without the other stuff.
    Do your mental health team talk to your diabetes team? What insulin are you on? Are you MDI or a pumper?
    The great thing is that you are out of DKA and reaching out for help. Things can get better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Medina27

Medina27 · Active Member

You're not alone. I know how you feel. Having other conditions is just a double slap. Some days are better than others. Hope you can get these levels stable

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook