I'm Thinking About Asking For An Insulin Change.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So I'm getting fed up with Novorapid/Novosluggish - it seems entirely unpredictable at times and sometimes it just takes forever to kick in (the libre has often shown it kicking in at about 5-6 hours - sometimes it does seem to work in 2 hours though) - and I don't deal particularly well with unpredictability at all - I never have.

I have an appt with my diabetic consultant at the Royal Berks* (that's the main hospital in Reading) later in the week, so was considering asking for a change to Fiasp - I'm just fed up of having to wait 5-6 hours to see whether my last dose is actually going to get me to the level I want to get to - I don't want to have to wait 6 hours to find I could've done with a correction much earlier - also often the next meal is less than 6 hours away or after the evening meal I'm asleep by the time 6 hours is up anyway.

So does this sound like a sensible idea since Fiasp is supposedly faster?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
So does this sound like a sensible idea since Fiasp is supposedly faster?
Yes. I can now inject and directly eat, and I can see if I need a correction a lot quicker as well.

Reactions: Rokaab

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have the same problem with novorapid. Sometimes I feel like it sits there doing nothing until I start to move then WHAM = massive fall.

Reactions: Dearbhla

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
And as a quick update, my consultant said that yes he'll write to my docs advising a change to Fiasp - of course when this actually happens is anyones guess - and I see a week working form home whilst I work out what doses I need

Reactions: Dearbhla