Impaired Glucose Tolerance

FloraDora

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just a quick update on my 10th month diabetes journey to date.

Sept 2015 diagnosed T2 with a HbA1c of 103.mmol/mol

Started LCHF diet and getting loads of help and advice from this site - following three monthly HbA1c result was 50 mmol/mol

In January 2016 I began Michael Mosley's 8 week fast diet - next HbA1c 35mmol/mol. I then discontinued Metformin and continued with a LCHF/Mediterranean diet. Three months later my HbA1c was 36mmol/mol.

My diabetic nurse suggested a Glucose Tolerance Test to see if my diabetes was completely resolved.......

Before that happened I embarked on a month of travel with a very relaxed diet, carbs and sugar did not creep into my diet, they stampeded! Rice, bread, chips, ice cream, cake, alcohol, diet coke .............all previously banned.

Just had the dreaded Glucose Test and while my fasting blood test was excellent, 2 hours after a very large glass of Lucozade my blood test came back as 10 mmol/L ........which puts me in the pre diabetic range, or with impaired glucose tolerance.

So, I have come a very long way since September 2015, pre diabetic is better than diabetic, but still teetering on the brink! I need to tighten up my act and get back to stricter LCHF. Good, but could do better!

Reactions: 4 people