Impaired glucose

loubylou

Hi all, Long story short, I had gestational diabetes and since having my baby had GTT at hospital with fasting reading of 7.6 and 2hr of 11.8. GP then did HB1AC which came back lookin not too bad so GP said I have impaired glucose.
Over the last 2 weeks of feeling not well I have been recording my own readings. My mornin reading are never lower than 19! and all day range between 21 upto 34 highest reading so far. Got apptmnt with GP soon but am very confused with whole thing. Any advice would be much appreciated.Thank u :)

Sanober

Dislikes
Not really knowing what's going on inside my Endocrine system!!!
Those are very high readings Loubylou.

Readings can go high at times of infections, stress, post operation, time of the month.

I had an operation and in the following 2 weeks I hit 28 one time, personally I didn't feel that different just a bit woozy and plenty peeing :lol: but I did get to a doc who ran various tests and I was given Ketostix to check whenever over 15 that I wasn't getting Ketones (moderate to high Ketones and high readings can be a serious thing for Diabetics, although a rare occurence in T2 - your profile doesn't show your type).

Thing is, those high readings should calm down after a few days maybe a week. But you're still getting those high readings two weeks later, you've done the right thing by calling your doc only he/she can give you guidance on your health. It could be that you will need medication now to help (I see you're diet only). Hope you will get seen soon.

I went from Glucose impaired to Diabetes within a few months and now on medication within 1 year. Through no lack of effort on my part may I add :angel: some Diabetics no matter what just need some extra help :)

However, if you do feel ill and have those high readings you are best to call NHS24 for guidance.

loubylou

Thank u for your reply Sanober, much appreciated. I have been seen by my GP this morning who is still not totally convinced i have daibetes!. She is confused by the fact that I had such a good HBA1C only 4 weeks ago.

She has taken blood tests today which I will get results for monday morning and she did a finger blood test before i had eaten which was 18.4. I had sugar in my urine but no keytones so she doesnt seem worried.

To be honest I have never known anything so confusing lol. To have all the symptoms and such high readings and not be diagnosed is beyond me.

Anyway thank u once again, I hope you are well yourself :D