1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2 In Hospital need urgent responses

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Nodemus, May 4, 2022.

1. Nodemus

Nodemus · Member

In hospital infection sugars were 13mmol to 22mmol for a week I’m on gliclazide they found out on a CT that my pancreas is inflamed I had ketones of 2.8 they went down to 0.1 eventually. They wouldn’t have known my pancreas was inflamed if I had gone in about a infection as amalase and lapase don’t show up on my blood work.
    Im waiting to be discharged I have to see the diabetic nurse what questions should I ask?

• Hug Hug x 3
  2. Ronancastled

Ronancastled Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Get a C-peptide & fasting insulin checked to establish insulin production levels.
    Better drug options as that glic isn't getting it done for you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Oldvatr

Oldvatr Type 2 · Expert

Not sure if this is relevant to your current difficulty
    https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/9781119188421.ch62
    I could not find any reports where diabetes causes an inflamed pancreas, but the converse is known as Type 3C diabetes. There is a seperate thread section on the forum specific to that condition.

Gliclazide is not associated with pancreas inflammation, but it will not be helpful as it reuires a functioning pancreas. You may need to consider changing diabetes medication.

• Informative Informative x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook