in some shock over this

winglets

I'm 34, male and for more than 2 months now I've been experiencing some strange, vague symptoms which are actually hard to describe as there is no pain or anything severe physically.

It's like a slight sensation of fullness with a very slight urge to pee which is more prominent at night and can disturb my sleep. I wake up around 3/4 am on and off for these 2 months with that slight sensation. Sometimes it makes me want to pee but most of the time I don't need to go so I don't, so it's not really that severe.

Occasionally I'll end up having an urge to pee and some days I have voided a bit more than other days despite not changing my drinking habits.
I've never had pain or burning or straining when peeing and there's no pain whatsoever anywhere else.
I've had urianalysis samples done 4 times, all normal, tested my blood glucose level several times using home testing kits before/after meals and that's normal too. I then finally had a DRE and to my surprise, the doctor said it was slightly enlarged however it was very smooth and normal in that regard. It shocked me because I didn't expect someone my age to have this but the doctor wasn't overly concerned about it and said it's not abnormal and this can happen and it's nothing hugely to worry about. Nevertheless it's got me really anxious now. I'm still feeling a little confused and in shock over the fact that I most likely have a large prostate at my age. I know it's benign but it just feels very depressing having something that I'm really meant to have 15 years from now.

He gave me a PSA form so I'm going to go and get that done. I realise that prostate enlargement is a benign condition and there is no link to cancer but I don't know, I'm a little worried. Am I right in thinking that the smoothness and surface/texture of the prostate is more important than the actual size?

He thinks that my symptoms are more likely due to a slight over-active bladder than anything else.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi winglets

Since this is a diabetic forum you are unlikely to get your questions about prostate answered here, especially since we are not allowed to give medical advice. All people can do is speak from their own experience which is not going to answer your questions.

I think you would be much better contacting a medical professional, or visiting a site that deals with prostate issues.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Many things can cause ED not just diabetes.

This forum is good for supporting bad diabetes control and there is a section for other conditions.

You may get better support if your post would be moved to there for your individual support. However it is less support than a diabetic one.
Seeking out specific support for your condition is good advice.

We can support diabetes influence. Good diabetes control helps with inflections and good blood flow.
Get your bgs good and at least you know what other help you need?