Inaccurate libre sensors

JCBBFC27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya everyone. Just a quick one to see if anyone is having the same issue. My libre sensor keeps giving me the wrong results (3 sensors in total now). I understand Vitamin C supplements impair the sensor but this is now after a week without taking them I'm still having issues. Last night it said I was 2.9mmol which sent me into panic but then on both my spare glucose sensors which are different brands both said around 5.6. Does anyone have any suggestions because it's starting to really bother me? Thank you

JCBBFC27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is an example
24318816.jpg

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya everyone. Just a quick one to see if anyone is having the same issue. My libre sensor keeps giving me the wrong results (3 sensors in total now). I understand Vitamin C supplements impair the sensor but this is now after a week without taking them I'm still having issues. Last night it said I was 2.9mmol which sent me into panic but then on both my spare glucose sensors which are different brands both said around 5.6. Does anyone have any suggestions because it's starting to really bother me? Thank you
Hi,

Addressing the 2.9er.
Was it a brief dip that sounded an alarm during sleep? This could have been a compression low.. (then bounced back after you woke.)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you have a screen shot of the Libre graph, only?

JCBBFC27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Addressing the 2.9er.
Was it a brief dip that sounded an alarm during sleep? This could have been a compression low.. (then bounced back after you woke.)
Never knew that was a thing if I'm honest. I've definitely had it happen several times!

JCBBFC27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you have a screen shot of the Libre graph, only?
That's an example of a day where it was completely off. The sensor said i was a 20 but then came back to 14 which my glucose sensor was saying all along. I've been made aware of it sometimes goes overly high when it's over a certain amount but that's way off.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Never knew that was a thing if I'm honest. I've definitely had it happen several times!
Yeah, it can happen if you sleep on the sensor, thus putting pressure on it? (“Compression low”) which can give a false alarm.. better safe than sorry, regarding waking & testing.

Regarding the higher than meter numbers.. Are you suitably hydrated? Taking in enough fluids. (Usually a summer thing.)

Reactions: JCBBFC27

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's an example of a day where it was completely off. The sensor said i was a 20 but then came back to 14 which my glucose sensor was saying all along. I've been made aware of it sometimes goes overly high when it's over a certain amount but that's way off.
I’ve just noticed…

Is this a brand new sensor I see on the photo?
I’d give it a chance to settle for a day, then seen how it corresponds with your meter..

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This might help you @JCBBFC27 .

He’s a Dexcom user but explains compression lows in the “layman’s” term..

Reactions: JCBBFC27