Indian food?

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For years we've been eating at the lovely Masala Zone http://www.masalazone.com/ - one of my favourite meals, they do a Thali which is a plate with curry, rice, different dishes etc.

I feel like I'm restricting my fiancé's diet so was thinking of visiting before Star Trek tomorrow. I usually eat Prawn Malai - curry with coconut.

Should I just try and test? I don't want a 5/6 day carb hangover. Or should I try a grill dish which might be better? I love Indian food so much and miss our Indian meals - even if it feels like Indian with the London temperatures.

Thanks for any advice.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wouldnt have a dessert anyway, never interested me. But the wonderful curries do. No rice obvs :) I'll probably just have to make a chipotle when there - go with the flow and see what happens!

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's the thing I find with very low carb.
If you do get stuck, and then find you're stuck with a bad hangover for a week, it's too restrictive.
I prefer to switch in and out, and so long as I keep my BG low, I don't particularly count the carbs to do it.

Reactions: 2 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's the thing I find with very low carb.
If you do get stuck, and then find you're stuck with a bad hangover for a week, it's too restrictive.
I prefer to switch in and out, and so long as I keep my BG low, I don't particularly count the carbs to do it.

Thing is, if I switch out my BG go high - so LCHF is what works for me so I stick to it when possible. And high BG make me mad?

Today though I had lunch out, awesome calves liver, bacon, sage and spinach and BG spot on in the 5s :):):)

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thing is, if I switch out my BG go high - so LCHF is what works for me so I stick to it when possible. And high BG make me mad?

Today though I had lunch out, awesome calves liver, bacon, sage and spinach and BG spot on in the 5s :):):)

Swings and roundabouts then.
I try to avoid processed foods, saturated fats, but the spinach would be ok.
Calves liver has carbs, so you need to incorporate it into your daily allowance.
But you seemed to cope well with them.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Swings and roundabouts then.
I try to avoid processed foods, saturated fats, but the spinach would be ok.
Calves liver has carbs, so you need to incorporate it into your daily allowance.
But you seemed to cope well with them.

Guess I got lucky, liver had zero effect - this diabetes is a constant learning curve isn't it?