1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Induction on Thursday ...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Tilly_S, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Tilly_S

Tilly_S Type 1 · Well-Known Member

hello
    So I’m being induced at 38 weeks on Thursday it’s my 3 rd baby my youngest is 18 months I’m type one ....
    So due to higher sugars which Iv never had previous with my other 2 he was predicted 8 lb at 36 weeks
    Anyways I have a few worries if anyone has any answers....
    1. Will baby go straight to scbu if blood sugars are low ( Iv been told low is below 2.6) or will they stay with me and try to manage them there and scbu if no improvement ?
    2. Bigger baby’s has anyone not ended up with emergency c section of baby was over 8/9 lb ? If so did u have bad tearing and did u need episiotomy due to shoulders ?

Thankyou xx

2. kitedoc

kitedoc Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi @Tilly_S, We do not know your entire medical situation nor can advise. You really need to asking your doctors and nurses about what may happen.
    Best Wishes for an uneventful and good labour and a beautiful babe !

3. Tilly_S

Tilly_S Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thankyou for well wishes have asked not got many answers am run into a circle here but have got some basic info really finally yesterday it’s been a long fight but fingers crossed I’m at 38 weeks with a healthy baby tomorrow :)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook