Infected toes, getting frustrated at lack of progress

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nothing to add, but more good wishes. Hopefully once in the system you will be treated until the problem is resolved.

Reactions: galileo

galileo

Thanks for all the replies.

Hi all had my appointment last Friday the staff were very surprised why it had taken so long for me to be sent to their clinic. Podiatrist removed the ingrowing nail didn't even have a local hurt a bit but not bad. I was sent for blood tests there and then as they wanted results for appointment today.

Saw two consultants today and several other staff they were pleased with my toes hopefully that's the end of the infections, turns out I had two Staph infections of different types and the Proteus.

Blood test results were good and bad, the good Diabetes has dropped from 53 to 48 low-carb diet, liver function is dropping to nearer normal levels, the bad results Cholesterol has increased to 5.8, and I am borderline Hyperthyroidism if this raises even a small amount I will be put on meds. The borderline Hyperthyroidism is no surprise I have been telling my doctors for years I thought I had thyroid problems, my family has a history of thyroid problems that span 4 generations.

I have another appointment in three weeks, looks like the pain in my left foot is being caused by my difficulty walking, and they are looking into a special insert for my shoe to reduce pressure on that area. At some stage my feet might be operated on to help with the varicose eczema an ultrasound will give more information. At last, I feel I am getting some support with my Diabetes and things are looking more positive.

My sister had her breast cancer operation and is recovering well, very good news the cancer was not in her nodes, she hasn't even taken painkillers she is a tough little sis.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jo123 and JMK1954

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am very, very pleased with all your news. Things are looking hopeful now. Please keep us updated?

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
I'm so happy to hear your good news. It sounds as though things are heading in the right direction at last!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good to have your news, @galileo . Hopefully the recovery is well in progress. Do make sure you contact the clinic if you have concerns about your foot before your next appointment. Glad that your sister is doing well, too. Best wishes to you both.