Condy's crystals ..... brilliant

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
I had to go to the GP again because i seem not to tolerate the Flucloxacillin, had to throw up yesterday a few times and felt worse by the hour. Heavy limbs, the chills, slight temperature and incredible weak. I had to take my old staffie Cecilia again to the vet for a change of bandage, she behaved again like a raging bull during the procedure. I was nearly in tears and the vet asked me afterwards in very kind words if i have ever thought about rehoming because i'm so ill! I was totally shocked, she also told me her sister had just lost two toes due to poor T1 control. I told her my control is now excellent and usually i can easily care for my dogs.

Anyway, the GP prescribed Clarithromycin, the toe is still oozing pus and blood but at least there is no sepsis. He will have a look again next week on Wednesday.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@enzina you poor girl that does sound a nasty infection, no wonder you feel so bad. As you know pets always hate trips to the vet so your is no exception. However when you ate feeling rough the things you normally take in your stride can be mountains to climb. Hope the new antibiotics help and you dont feel so sick. If the toenail area gets very hot get medical help. Hope you and Cecilia can rest up. Best wishes.

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
I had to go to the GP again because i seem not to tolerate the Flucloxacillin, had to throw up yesterday a few times and felt worse by the hour. Heavy limbs, the chills, slight temperature and incredible weak. I had to take my old staffie Cecilia again to the vet for a change of bandage, she behaved again like a raging bull during the procedure. I was nearly in tears and the vet asked me afterwards in very kind words if i have ever thought about rehoming because i'm so ill! I was totally shocked, she also told me her sister had just lost two toes due to poor T1 control. I told her my control is now excellent and usually i can easily care for my dogs.

Anyway, the GP prescribed Clarithromycin, the toe is still oozing pus and blood but at least there is no sepsis. He will have a look again next week on Wednesday.
That's why I was pushing you to see someone......as someone on their 26th day in hospital with sepsis and that had their big toe amputated in June '18........it was the shivering sweats that suggested it.......Flucloxicilin is the perfect antibiotic except for its side effects.....especially in IV form 6 times a day

Good luck with your recovery