Information from Ozempic users would be useful.

BML

I am a mid-eighties male with type two Diabetes and a few other minor medical problems taking daily injections of Lyxumia 20 mg and who had experienced diarrhoea as a result of taking Metformin. My doctor stopped the Metformin and put me onto a once a week injection of Ozempic

I had stopped taking the Metformin for a week and my blood sugar ran at around 10.00 for a week prior to starting with an Ozempic injection Sunday 9th May 2021. My toilet motions had an immediate change to near enough normal and my blood sugar levels ran as follows:

Could someone who is taking Ozempic say how long it takes for sugar levels to become what I would consider to be normal such as around 7.

optimist1

I'm on Ozempic. Trials show about 1-1.5% drop in A1c and it takes some time for full effect. Gut issue side effects generally settle within a month of a dose change.

Last edited:

optimist1

Seems no one takes it, best see the Doc and see why its so unpopular.
More than likely it is because it is reasonably new. I don't know how long it's been on the NHS, but it was put on our PBS late last year and is moving to a popularly dispensed GLP-1