Informative video

Divia

I've seen this, but what makes him an expert? I'm just wondering. He's a doctor, but this could simply mean he has a doctorate. In whatever.

Please, I don't mean to be disrespectful, I'm just being cautious, because there's everything and its contrary on the internet, and so many people claiming stuff without proof.

Is he really an expert?

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
He was an Olympic decathlon, He is now a chiropracter practising holistic medicine. He believes in mind over matter and teaches mindfullness techniques. His philosophy is that the body heals itself and does not need medicines.
He is Swedish.
He is the founder of Wellness for life organisation which runs retreats in the UK and USA.

His plan for diabetes is OMAD and fasting only. but does support zero carb and keto dieting. His goto food is the wonderfood blueberries.

Not considered a quack, but does charge for his information (apart from the glossy Youtube videos.)

Do not think his Doctor title is medical

Reactions: jjraak

pauldogs_0

This doctor will tell you how long it will take to reverse T2- average 7 months.
I've seen a few videos on diabetes on youtube and apart from those from diabetesuk or the nhs I wouldn't take any notice of them. I mean who are the people shown in them? What are their qualifications? What experience do they have with diabetes? How can people like him know how long it takes to reverse diabetes? With diabetes you don't get the luxury of taking a chance. Diabetes is a silent killer, taking such a gamble with diabetes is too high a risk to take.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
It's all mind over matter if you don't mind it don't matter.

Will the power of the mind alone cure all disease will it cure T1 diabetes, cancer, an under active thyroid etc I did not need to pay some guru to know that carbs raise blood sugar and eating fewer carbs would lower blood sugar but many doctors were telling us to eat high levels of carbohydrate as we need it, the information required is freely available here.

Chris26111980

I’ve been told by diabetes U.K. to eat 5 fruit a day, bron
I've seen a few videos on diabetes on youtube and apart from those from diabetesuk or the nhs I wouldn't take any notice of them. I mean who are the people shown in them? What are their qualifications? What experience do they have with diabetes? How can people like him know how long it takes to reverse diabetes? With diabetes you don't get the luxury of taking a chance. Diabetes is a silent killer, taking such a gamble with diabetes is too high a risk to take.
I’ve been told by diabetes UK that I also should eat 5 fruit a day with brown rice. Diabetes is diet related with too much carbs in your diet. Bananas are good I was told.

Chris26111980

I’ve been told by diabetes U.K. to eat 5 fruit a day, bron

I’ve been told by diabetes UK that I also should eat 5 fruit a day with brown rice. Diabetes is diet related with too much carbs in your diet. Bananas are good I was told.
If there is one guy I listen to, it is Jason fung.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's all mind over matter if you don't mind it don't matter.

Will the power of the mind alone cure all disease will it cure T1 diabetes, cancer, an under active thyroid etc I did not need to pay some guru to know that carbs raise blood sugar and eating fewer carbs would lower blood sugar but many doctors were telling us to eat high levels of carbohydrate as we need it, the information required is freely available here.
Just a quick diversion on the poem which I had seen elsewhere
http://www.executedtoday.com/2012/01/28/1697-john-fenwick-bitter/

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is part of basic training for a doctor to be taught that red blood cells in the bloodstrram have a useful life of around 3 months for most people. So the earliest that an HbA1c can be considered to be valid is 3 months, and doctors will not prescribe them any quicker unless there is specific medical condition involved.

Current definition of Reversal of Diabetes is that the patient is off diabetic meds, has two successive HbA1c results in the normal range, and is eating the recommended diet aka Eatwell. So 7 months is assuming an introduction phase of 1 month then 2 HbA1c's to confirm. This is IMHO cutting it a bit fine and is probably not an average experience for most. If you go zero carb /keto on Day One and maintain for 7 months then it is theoretically plausible but I would say projecting it as a claim like he does is pushing credinility a bit too much.