• Guest - w'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the 2026 Survey »

Injected wrong insulin

GuidingSenses

Well-Known Member
Messages
121
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi at 16.54 and my sugar levels 12.9 I injected my Tresiba 2 units in error as should be Fiasp 2 units. I realised straight away and injected Fiasp 2 units as was having just 8 carbs.
I usually take 6 units at around 22.00 hours.
I don’t want to ring 111 as only a small dose but my thinking of injecting 4 Tresiba not 6 units may help?
 
Hi at 16.54 and my sugar levels 12.9 I injected my Tresiba 2 units in error as should be Fiasp 2 units. I realised straight away and injected Fiasp 2 units as was having just 8 carbs.
I usually take 6 units at around 22.00 hours.
I don’t want to ring 111 as only a small dose but my thinking of injecting 4 Tresiba not 6 units may help?
If you usually take 6 units of Tresiba and you already took 2 units, taking 4 units makes perfect sense to bring the total to 6!

Tresiba is a wonderful insulin in that it's very forgiving to timing.
I take it before bed, no matter if it's 10:30 pm or 6 am after a party, and I can freely swich between times because Tresiba is so very slow and steady acting.
 
If you usually take 6 units of Tresiba and you already took 2 units, taking 4 units makes perfect sense to bring the total to 6!

Tresiba is a wonderful insulin in that it's very forgiving to timing.
I take it before bed, no matter if it's 10:30 pm or 6 am after a party, and I can freely swich between times because Tresiba is so very slow and steady acting.
Oh Thankyou that’s put my mind at rest.
 
Back
Top