Injecting abroad

Lynmi

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm traveling to China/Japan/Vietnam/Singapore later this year on holiday and wondered if anyone know of any cultural issues with injecting public in any of these countries.

I always just in test/inject wherever I am discreetly in my stomach or if I'm wearing a dress into my arm and don't want to cause offence if this is deemed to be culturally unacceptable.

thanks

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
You certainly won't in Japan.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I'm traveling to China/Japan/Vietnam/Singapore later this year on holiday and wondered if anyone know of any cultural issues with injecting public in any of these countries.

I always just in test/inject wherever I am discreetly in my stomach or if I'm wearing a dress into my arm and don't want to cause offence if this is deemed to be culturally unacceptable.

thanks

I will tag member @Scott-C as I am fairly certain he's quite well travelled.

Bill166

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

thanks
I just returned from 2 weeks in Vietnam, no problems at all with cultural issues. The people were incredibly supportive and helpful. At one point the fridge in my room failed but I was able to pop into the nearest pharmacy (in Saigon at the time) and buy replacement insulin.

Lynmi

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
I just returned from 2 weeks in Vietnam, no problems at all with cultural issues. The people were incredibly supportive and helpful. At one point the fridge in my room failed but I was able to pop into the nearest pharmacy (in Saigon at the time) and buy replacement insulin.

Thank you, that’s really good to know :)

Jessitalia

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Bill166, just wondering which insulin(s) you bought and how much they cost?

Bill166

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Jess, I bought a Lantus Solostar pen for 30,000 VND, about £10