Injection Issues

baby_angel

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've always been on the multiple injections and have never had any problems with my injection sites. But lately i have noticed that the skin has become sore and a lump has formed under the skin on my right arm. :(
I have begun alternating my sites but i was wondering if anybody knows how to help get rid of the lump? if there is any way that is.

Many thanks,

Baby_Angel

gonzo

The lumps come if you inject in the same place too often. To get rid of it you have to avoid the site where the lump is completely for several months, or until it goes away. Also those places are bad to inject into because the insulin can get get trapped there and not dispurse as normal, then suddenly release later when you are not expecting it to and that could make you hypo, or al least make bs control less stable.

gonz

Sweet3x

Try rubbing the area a few times, too. Not sure if it works, but made me feel I was doing something about it, when I had a similar problem. It doesn't take too long to go away, so you'll be able to wear short sleeved tops without feeling self-concious again soon :)