Injections sites

Lynzb

I am currently 12 weeks pregnant i had my insulin changed about 3 weeks ago i have noticed over the Past week i have a lot of red spots on my stomach just in the Area to each side of belly button were i would normally inject my insulin the spots r not sore or itchy has anyone else experienced this? I dont know if it has anything do with my insulin could just be a rash. My insulin is also working as usual so doesnt seem to be doing any harm.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Lynzb ,

Occasionally I do get the odd small red spot that eventually disperses on my stomach. Do you inject fast acting on this site? Or the basal?

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've had a couple of them but on my legs but they only lasted for a few days and disappear but it is the insulin as I take basal and I now and then get itchy spots but that can be nothing but you must also check for lumps as that can be the start

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've had a couple of them but on my legs but they only lasted for a few days and disappear but it is the insulin as I take basal and I now and then get itchy spots but that can be nothing but you must also check for lumps as that can be the start