Insect bite

tbird37

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This might sound like a daft question. Insect bite I always have just a small bite but since I've been diagnosed t2 if I get a bit now six times the size and symptoms seem to last a lot longer is this normal.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 3 people

mollycat1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
can`t think of any !
yes - I seem to be like that too ! Perhaps we taste nice !(Got a burn from the oven and that seems to be taking ages to heal as well)
On a more serious note I think we should be more careful and caring for our bodies - looking after our skin and feet etc. - checking for bites etc. (and get some Germoline !)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My healing rate has been slowing down gradually too (everything from burns to stiffness after exercise). I've just assumed it was age (am 47).

Regarding insect bites - I have always been delicious, apparently. Not sure why. Sugar in blood? Lack of B vitamins (they say supplementing with brewers yeast helps make you bite-resistant).

Or is it just that our bodies react more to the chemicals in the bite and we notice them more?

tbird37

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well now day seven still got the rash and stlll itchy if still there by Wednesday will tell nurse on my yearly check up
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1396815563.146394.jpg

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

amazinmo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
for years always got bitten when abroad and joked 'its my sweet blood' then 2 years was diagnosed type 2 and now i KNOW i have sweet blood