1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Insect bite

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by tbird37, Apr 1, 2014.

1. tbird37

tbird37 Type 2 · Active Member

This might sound like a daft question. Insect bite I always have just a small bite but since I've been diagnosed t2 if I get a bit now six times the size and symptoms seem to last a lot longer is this normal.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

• Like Like x 3
  2. mollycat1

mollycat1 Type 2 · Member

yes - I seem to be like that too ! Perhaps we taste nice !(Got a burn from the oven and that seems to be taking ages to heal as well)
    On a more serious note I think we should be more careful and caring for our bodies - looking after our skin and feet etc. - checking for bites etc. (and get some Germoline !)

3. tbird37

Yer did that but been day and half now and still the same usually gone by now.

4. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

My healing rate has been slowing down gradually too (everything from burns to stiffness after exercise). I've just assumed it was age (am 47).

Regarding insect bites - I have always been delicious, apparently. Not sure why. Sugar in blood? Lack of B vitamins (they say supplementing with brewers yeast helps make you bite-resistant).

Or is it just that our bodies react more to the chemicals in the bite and we notice them more?

5. tbird37

Well now day seven still got the rash and stlll itchy if still there by Wednesday will tell nurse on my yearly check up ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1396815563.146394.jpg

6. Scandichic

Scandichic Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Go to the docs! You might need some antihistamine or antibiotics! Get better soon! X

7. amazinmo

amazinmo Type 2 · Member

for years always got bitten when abroad and joked 'its my sweet blood' then 2 years was diagnosed type 2 and now i KNOW i have sweet blood

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook