Type 1 Inserts for shoes

conniecar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all. Have neuropathy that is painful if I walk more than about quarter of a mile. The ball of my foot, then some crampy toes and general fatigue. I have the usual pins and needles, coldness, stabbing, etc at other times but it’s the walking I miss. I have Sketchers and New Balance trainers, but I feel like I need inserts still. Any good ones? X

D

Deleted member 308541

What’s the best
My podiatrist has orthotics and insoles on sale which are customised to the patients feet. As for what's the best, I do not know I would have to go by my podiatrists advice.

conniecar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve an appointment with the orthotics people but a 12/14 week wait to see them, then a wait while they make some inserts. I’m tramping around Edinburgh at Easter and fed up my feet won’t let me. I’m on Alpha Lipoic Acid, B vitamins and Turmeric tablets x

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
That's one long wait .... lambswool inserts in the meantime?

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have the same problem and have been looking for 3 years for decent insoles with no real success. I wear Skechers GoWalk shoes 100% of the time and they really help, even for work.
As for insoles the best I've found are
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Memory-Foam-Orthopaedic-Unisex-Shoe-Insoles-Pads-Trainer-Foot-Feet-Comfort-Heel/283277005395?hash=item41f4a01253:m:m3mmO6XX
www.amazon.co.uk/Karrimor-Womens-Footwear-Comfort-Accessory/dp/B00SB9JNSC/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1551824214&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=karrimor%2Binsoles&dpPl=1&dpID=41kWnYsuecL&ref=plSrc
If you find any better let me know