Insight error - help!

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi - has anyone had the E57 error pop up repeatedly on the Insight handset? I think I've tried turning it off & on 20 times now. Manually did my dinner insulin & found an old meter. I've checked the manual & taken out the battery as suggested, still to no avail! Has anyone had any experience of sending anything back to Roche? The reason I ask is I'm going on hol next thur & can't bear the thought of injecting & not having my pump Wondered how quickly I'd get a replacement?! Tagging @Snapsy @Gaz-M @Chas C Thanks in advance.

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
I,d call the help line, mine did this and had to get a new handset sent out but was delivered within 3 days. Have you not got an accu-check expert meter as a back up? if not call your DSN tomorrow

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Gaz-M - thank you, that's reassuring that it was fairly quick. No I don't have a spare Accu Chek expert meter - should I have? I will email my DSN now as she is pretty good at checking emails and ring Roche first thing! Thanks for your reply.

fozzie84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The tip from my dsn was after it errors, pull the battery out and press the power button a couple of times before putting the battery back and switching it on again. I find that fixes it first time, most of the time, still annoying but less frustrating overall!

Reactions: Medusa41

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks @fozzie84 - but this is the longest it's done this for & nothing's working. Ringing Roche shortly. Thanks

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
Hi @Gaz-M - thank you, that's reassuring that it was fairly quick. No I don't have a spare Accu Chek expert meter - should I have? I will email my DSN now as she is pretty good at checking emails and ring Roche first thing! Thanks for your reply.
I asked my DSN for an expert meter as a back up just incase the Insight handset broke/failed and she gave me one at the clinic (it came with a free carbs and cals book ) :) maybe try calling Roche but they will only tell you to do what you have done already

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks @Gaz-M - Roche were excellent & are sending me one today. My DSN has given me the expert meter today which is also greatly reassuring. Roche had said if she didn't have 1 they'd send me 1. Really efficient all round . Thanks

Reactions: Gaz-M and azure

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
Thanks @Gaz-M - Roche were excellent & are sending me one today. My DSN has given me the expert meter today which is also greatly reassuring. Roche had said if she didn't have 1 they'd send me 1. Really efficient all round . Thanks
Glad to help :)

Reactions: Medusa41