Insujet

Dars

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi folks.
Right here are some things I've found out about the device. I ordered my first 2 years ago (it just packed up) so ordered my second.
The device itself (if in UK) can be ordered from eBay or spirit health themselves. I choose spirit as it was actually £60 cheaper than ebay, as the nozzles and adaptors are also cheaper from spirit.
I paid £90 for the device (you need to tick the medical exempt to get it cheaper. The parts last longer than they say they do. I found the adaptors last 4 weeks, the nozzles 2. Which makes it cheaper to run.

I can't get the parts free, so i pay about £38 quid every 2 months. Not too expensive really.

The box the device sits in is smaller for the new device, so it fits in jacket pocket ok.

Using the device is easy, it took me 2 goes to feel confident. At times I don't feel a thing from using it, and sometimes I minor little tingle , it's not painful at all (that's how i find it) the first three weeks i had my first device I tested my blood sugars regularly to monitor b.s. I found I can take 2 units less than i needed with needles and the insulin starts working faster through the insujet. It doesn't cause under skin lumps, so great if you suffer with that.

You do need to be careful of old injection sites and don't use any where there's slightly harder skin.

I actually use my bum a lot with the jet, as it's not painful and I feel comfortable doing so (I never have with needles)

All I want to know now is will the second device last longer than the first? Time will tell. Yet £90 for 2 years isn't expensive, so I'd be cool with that.