Insulin and Ozempic

AmyN

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi all,

I have been type 2 for over 2 years now. I currently take Metformin, Semglee (low release insulin of a nighttime - before bed) and ozempic (0.5 once a week)

I was taking 40 units of insulin at the start of January. I then started to take ozempic and I have had to bring down my insulin each week. I am currently on 10 units (and nearly 2 stone down)

The past 3 nights I have tried not taking the insulin as my sugars have been in the 4’s before bed and morning fasting have remained around 5.1.

Today my fasting sugars were 6.2.

In your opinion should I continue to not take the insulin or maybe reduce the amount again to 6 units? Whilst I have not been hypo - I just worry that with having sugars always in the 4’s that it could happen?

I welcome your opinion.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @AmyN , welcome to the forum.
In your opinion should I continue to not take the insulin or maybe reduce the amount again to 6 units? Whilst I have not been hypo - I just worry that with having sugars always in the 4’s that it could happen?
We really can't advise on stopping medication or altering doses.
I agree you should be very cautious of hypos with those numbers.

Please contact your diabetes nurse or doctor to talk about your doses, and always keep your meter and something sweet to treat a hypo on you at all times!

Good luck, and let us know how you get on!

Reactions: EllieM