Insulin Change = Awful Control

bonus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Everyone,

I know direct answers can't be given etc just but just wondered if anyone can give any reasonable recommendation.

I used to use Levimir & NovaRapid insulin but found my control gradually went downhill mainly due working a more physical job in Waitrose at Night involving alot more walking and varied eating times / amounts at different times of the day resulting in varied Hypo's & Hypers.

A was changed to Toujeo & Fiasp about 6 months ago.

Toujeo - Supposed to give a steady background lowering however I barely notice it doing anything from results on my libre 2 . Ive made adjustments over time to dosage amounts.

Fiasp - Instant fast acting lowering. I've found im having to do multiple 6+ injections with Fiasp as ( as its supposed to) it lowers the levels so fast. But I've found the amount it lowers, the area injected and the speed it works can also variate alot. Also I can do a test, get a high level, inject a few units, it lowers, then levels immediatly raise as the insulin has done its job.

I can be in a normal level range then have the smallest amount of carbs / food which will then result in 20mmol+ unless fiasp is given at EVERY single snack moment. I found Humalog and Novapid used to 'work' with more 'power' and would cope with the odd snack without huge rises.

I have changed unit amounts, injection times etc and have been a Type 1 for 15 years. Im a 75kg male.

Im struggling on whats best to do as I think my Diabetic nurse is; on which insulin will work best for Basil & Bolus.

I know all have different action times / peaks but never had this much of a challenge in getting stable.

Thanks for reading such a long post and any help given!

Justin