INSULIN ICODEC

TypeZero.

Hi everyone,

I’m looking to get involved in clinical trials of a new basal insulin I’d thought I ask if anyone has been involved in previous clinical trials with this insulin?

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04848480?term=Insulin+Icodec&draw=2&rank=6

So if you’re not already aware, just a basic background of insulin Icodec. It’s a new insulin under trial and has been tested for Type 2s where it was compared to insulin glargine and looks like it’s fairly good. It’s being trialled for type 1s now potentially getting approval in like 2 years or so.

It’s a once weekly basal, it might not make a massive difference but it still means you would take 1 basal injection a week rather than 7 or even 14 for Levemir.

If anyone has trialled this insulin can you please share your experience

Reactions: Struma

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone,

I’m looking to get involved in clinical trials of a new basal insulin I’d thought I ask if anyone has been involved in previous clinical trials with this insulin?

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04848480?term=Insulin+Icodec&draw=2&rank=6

So if you’re not already aware, just a basic background of insulin Icodec. It’s a new insulin under trial and has been tested for Type 2s where it was compared to insulin glargine and looks like it’s fairly good. It’s being trialled for type 1s now potentially getting approval in like 2 years or so.

It’s a once weekly basal, it might not make a massive difference but it still means you would take 1 basal injection a week rather than 7 or even 14 for Levemir.

If anyone has trialled this insulin can you please share your experience

Hi TZ,

I've looked at this insulin a while back? I'm not sure on principle how practical a weekly basal jab would be for me with the random lifestyle I lead..

Keep us posted on how you get on & fingers crossed you don't get put in the second trial group using the "degludec?"

Reactions: TypeZero.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@TypeZero. how's the trial going? I've been asked to do a trial too so wanted to see what your experience has been like.