Insulin injection oddity (?)

Lionel12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have an odd problem. When injecting I have trouble ensuring the angle is correct and have often either bent the needle or shot the dose onto the skin, where it does no good at all. I assume this has to do with my eyes having both been operated on and cataracts replaced with artificial lenses. My ophthalmologist prescribed new specs but the problem persists. The answer would presumably be the world's smallest spirit level… . Anyone else have the same trouble?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you use a pen with short (4-6mm) needles? If so, the angle is straight in. No need to pinch or whatever (unless maybe if you're very, very skinny), just a one-handed straight aim into your body.

Fruitella

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have an odd problem. When injecting I have trouble ensuring the angle is correct and have often either bent the needle or shot the dose onto the skin, where it does no good at all. I assume this has to do with my eyes having both been operated on and cataracts replaced with artificial lenses. My ophthalmologist prescribed new specs but the problem persists. The answer would presumably be the world's smallest spirit level… . Anyone else have the same trouble?
Not always a practical way I realise, but try lying on your side on the sofa for instance so you're injecting straight down.