'Insulin on board' with Accu check insight

Jerebica

Hi all, I'm thinking about switching from Medtronic g640 to Accu check Insight. I'm a bit concerned because there doesn't seem to be a way of seeing the IOB or 'active insulin' at any given time with the Insight. As I understand it, I can see the insulin I've taken for a correction if I enter the bolus calculator and that's as much info as is available. Is there anyone here who has done the same pump change and how did you deal with this?

IceLover

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, I'm thinking about switching from Medtronic g640 to Accu check Insight. I'm a bit concerned because there doesn't seem to be a way of seeing the IOB or 'active insulin' at any given time with the Insight. As I understand it, I can see the insulin I've taken for a correction if I enter the bolus calculator and that's as much info as is available. Is there anyone here who has done the same pump change and how did you deal with this?

The insight handset is really slow. Unless you can deal with the extreme slowness I would advise you to steer away from the pump. With the insulin on board there isnt really a easy way of finding out you can go on the bolus calculator and the bit it subtracts insulin is the IOB.

Reactions: Medusa41